Preferential EU agreements allow companies in many countries to export their goods with no or with heavily reduced import duties. This provides important competitive benefits, but often requires a great deal of effort. The Mercoline M.SecureTrade Preference Management solution automates the processing in SAP.
The EU has concluded free trade agreements with close to 50 countries or groups of countries, and many more such agreements are currently in negotiation. This only underscores how the importance of such export easements will continue to increase. A written preference certificate documenting the origin of the goods to be exported in the EU is required in order to take advantage of the benefits of preferential agreements. The proportion of all the purchased articles from third countries must be clearly calculated and documented. Incomplete or false declarations pose significant risks, as they can be regarded as tax offences resulting in further duties and fines.
- The determination of relevant procedures (e.g., materials without an invalid supplier declaration) from master data (purchase information records, material masters)
- The automated creation of SD/LTSD documents per supplier (also across numerous plants), based on the above information
- The automated and electronic request from SAP for supplier declarations through various communication channels (e.g., via web portal)
- The automatic import and summarization of data confirmed by the supplier at the material and preference zone level/country level
- The creation, dispatch or printing of supplier declarations from the customer
- The management and monitoring of all documents in the monitor, for instance for dunning and withdrawing documents
- The processing of the supplier declaration document, inspecting it to ensure its completion and dispatching it (all of the processing steps can automatically be conducted in the background)
- The logging of changes in their entirety to the SD document
- The selection and monitoring of SD documents according to various criteria via the SD Monitor
- The running of the preference calculation in the SAP standard and using it for SD processes
SD/LTSD documents are automatically created per respective supplier on the basis of flexible SAP selection criteria such as company code, purchase organization, purchasing group, plant, preference zones, expiration date, etc. The document is filled out with all the important header and item data necessary for the dispatch of the SD request or dunning. Additional customer-specific reference data can also be imported. How and when a document is dispatched can be controlled up to the supplier level via dispatch profiles. This ensures that the suppliers can also be reached on their preferred communication channels.
Automate data reporting with the SD web portal
In the SD web portal, suppliers can easily access, edit and conclude requested supplier declarations. The supplier declaration texts and the materials and preference countries to be verified are displayed as paper forms, but can be filled out much faster this way. This information can be collected again by the SAP system, allowing it to facilitate an update of the supplier declarations data in the SAP material master in seconds. This saves time for both the supplier and in particular for the SAP user companies. And the electronic exchange via the web portal and mobile devices also increases the SD response rate.