Mercoline offers with M.SecureTrade Preference Management an integrated solution for SAP that automates and makes transparent the collection and management of supplier declarations from suppliers. With the help of various dispatch and feedback procedures, effort and errors when issuing long-term supplier declarations can be significantly reduced.
The solution at a glance
- Automatic determination of all long-term suppliers declarations and of relevant activities from SAP purchasing info records
- Send and receive long-term supplier declaration forms via various communication channels, e.g. via web portal or Adobe Interactive Forms
- Transfer of all relevant data from long-term supplier declarations in a Mercoline supplier document, such as business partners, materials, preference countries, and much more.
- Automatic or manual update of source data directly in the supplier declaration document
- Automatic or manual reminder of overdue supplier declarations possible
- Confirmation of EU origin with just a few clicks
- Validation of the correctness of entries directly in the web portal
- Automatic data transfer to SAP in the SD document and updating of the SD data in the SAP purchasing info records.
- Simple overview of completed and outstanding processes
- Quick access to the search for supplier-side source data for materials
- Mass data maintenance for several SD operations
- Reduction of manual activities and improvement on efficiency when requesting/issuing supplier declarations
- High flexibility regarding the combination of SD operations (for example, if the same material is used in several plants)
- High SD response rates through the use of modern communication channels, e.g. via web portal and mobile devices
- Reduction of compliance risk through automated exception handling (e.g. reminder)
- High transparency of all SD processes through SD monitoring and logging of all messages/changes to the SD document
- Full SAP integration and use of SAP standard functionalities such as links, authorizations and archiving
M.SecureTrade Preference Management is the alternative to complex SAP preference management solutions or non-SAP solutions.
The pure wage costs for the preparation of a supplier's declaration average a good 96 euros. The mainproblems of the respondents are:
- Audit and management of incoming SD (69%)
- Conversion of validity period (63%)
- Verification of rules of origin (52%)
- Supplier declarations in paper form (83%)
- No software to manage supplier declarations (60%)
EU preferential agreements allow companies to export to a large number of countries without or with significantly reduced import taxes. This creates important competitive advantages, but often involves a huge amount of effort. The Mercoline solution M.SecureTrade Preference Management automates the editing process in SAP.