Mercoline offers an integrated and powerful solution for SAP that automates the calculation of the origin of materials for externally procured materials and materials produced in-house. Based on supplier declarations and country-specific processing rules, M.SecureTrade Preference Management supports preference management from calculating complex bills of materials (BOM) to issuing declarations of origin for customers.
- Calculation directly during creation of a sales document (e.g. invoice)
- Automatic or manual triggering of the calculation
- Calculation of all material items according to criteria such as procurement type or special procurement type
- BOM explosion depending on explosion mode
- Determination of the actual procurement type for mixed procurement
- Various methods for determining the value of materials used
- PCD as a central calculation document that includes all the results for a calculation transaction.
- Parallel calculation results for all preference procedures/rules
- Determination of the overall result for threshold value-dependent calculation results by comparison with the ex-works price
- Overview of all preferential and non-preferential materials
- Skip to the details of the calculation results (PCD)
- Import program for automatic import of the data content "origin and preferences" (Bundesanzeiger)
- Display of various preference aggreements, procedures and rules
M.SecureTrade Preference Management is designed to be available on your SAP test system within only a few days.
- System and process analysis on the topic of preference management in the customer SAP system
- Support in preparing a “preference management” target concept
- Provision of SAP transports and implementation of M.SecureTrade Preference Management (License required)
- Integration of requirements specified by the customer using predefined BAdIs
- Adaptation of forms (e.g., LTSD, declaration of origin on invoice)
- Training in working with the Mercoline solution and the SAP standard functions
- Provision of documentation (Admin. and user manual)
- Mercoline provides updates as part of the maintenance agreement
- Preference calculation calculates whether the goods are of EU origin.
- The term “tariff preference” designates preferential handling of goods in import customs clearance.
- The origin of the final product must be verified in order to profit from tariff preferences.
- (Long-term) supplier declarations provide verification of European origin.
- Preference calculation serves to determine the proof of origin for self-manufactured products.
- Existing preferential agreements between individual preference zones and the resulting established preference regulations are also included in the calculation of the preference price.
- The preference calculation must be plausible and documented.
- False preference certificates are viewed as tax offences, resulting in the subsequent imposition of further duties and fines.
“We were looking for an alternative for processing our foreign trade business that would reliably support us in electronic customs declarations (ATLAS) and the many export controls.” Ulrich Meyer, Customs & Exports Representative, Roth GmbH
SCHNEIDER’s aim was to replace the manual procurement and management of supplier declarations and the calculation of preference authorizations with an IT solution. Five primary requirements had to be taken into consideration.