Since 1 January 2010, VAT exemption for goods deliveries to foreign EU countries requires that the company supplying the goods in question check the recipient company's VAT Identification Number (VAT ID No.). M.SecureTrade VAT Number Check helps you fulfill the obligation to check VAT ID numbers and subsequently reduces risks your company may face.
- Automatically checks the accuracy of VAT ID Numbers, e.g. in invoices or orders, against lists from the German Federal Central Tax Office (BZSt) and/or the EU (VIES)
- Enables both a simple check and a qualified check (for instance, with the address data of the recipient, BZSt only, etc.)
- Mass data checks for existing master data and and transaction data, such as customers, vendors, business partners, sales orders, deliveries, etc.
- Process check when master data and transaction data are generated and changed (e.g. debitor, creditor, sales orders)
- Additional manual checks or batch checks for existing master data
- Viewing and editing hits in the worklist
- Batch job logs with all results from mass data checks
- Filing of the confirmation from the German Federal Central Tax Office into the log book
- No modification required thanks to the use of an independent SAP namespace
- Using the familiar SAP user interface and the SAP authorization concept
- Implemented quickly and adapted to meet your individual needs
- SAP archiving capability
Your benefits at a glance
- Checks both at the beginning of a business partner's life cycle and continuously in sales documents
- Proof of the checks carried out at all times
- Can be operated immediately thanks to the use of your accustomed SAP user interface
- Automated checks reduce your staff’s workload
- Completed checks are securely logged in your SAP system
- Manual VAT ID No. check possible
- Complete integration into your SAP processes, as the application is based on SAP technologies
- Potential for customisation
As part of the implementation of various M.SecureTrade solutions, the verification of the correctness of the VAT numbers of all business partners was also implemented. All checks run automatically in the background. The implementation was realized in a few days.
The United Kingdom (UK) is Germany's fourth largest trading partner. Brexit will therefore present many companies with major challenges in the short term. For example, the German Chamber of Industry and Commerce expects the Brexit to add at least 10 million customs declarations annually. Mercoline provides tips on what help affected companies can expect from the foreign trade solution "M.SecureTrade Suite" for SAP ERP.