Are you looking for an apprenticeship as an IT specialist (mwd) or would you like to complete a dual study programme in the fields of business informatics or computer science? Perhaps Mercoline is the right partner for your plans. Just get in touch with us!
Are you in college or university and interested in doing an internship or internship semester at Mercoline? Are you almost finished with your degree and looking for a partner for your dissertation or your bachelor’s or master’s thesis?
Business Informatics, B.Sc. dual education work/study programme
Are you interested in computer science and the economic factors that drive it?
Would you like to apply the theoretical knowledge you’ve learned during your studies? Then the Mercoline dual education work/study programme in cooperation with the Berlin School of Economics and Law may be right for you. Your three-year course of study in business informatics splits your time between Mercoline and the Berlin School of Economics and Law. As you learn about computer science and economics, you’ll have the chance to take on responsibility, implement your own ideas and try out a variety of different tasks in preparation for becoming an ideal spokesperson for technicians and technical departments.
- Getting to know the company and our employees
- Initial project experience
- Initial training for tools and method-related skills
(interning for students or former students)
- Duration: 3 years (6 semesters)
- Six theoretical phases at the university and six practical application phases in our company
- Fundamentals of economics (business administration & economics)
- Project management
- Mathematics & statistics
- Management & law
- Networks & operating systems
- Business process management
- Business English
- Network administration
- Web application programming
- Additional foreign languages (e.g. Spanish, French)
- You can also choose the module “Instructing Instructors”
- You will be assigned SAP-related projects to complete independently
- You will get to know the various aspects of SAP
- You will gain an insight into related fields such as EDI, infrastructure services, web development and marketing. This gives you the opportunity during your studies to gain direct practical experience and apply what you’ve already learned. This can also involve direct contact with customers along with project-related travel to customer business locations
- 40-hour work week, which can be flexibly arranged
- High school diploma or vocational certificate
- A high level of self-reliance and self-motivation
- Analytical and logical thinking skills
- Ability to handle a challenging workload
- Keen interest in computer science & economics
- Excellent communication skills
“I was able to acquire experience in numerous departments during my dual work/study programme at Mercoline. By the time I had completed my studies and started work as an official Mercoline employee, I was already fully integrated into the company. Today, I’m in charge of implementing S/4HANA and FIORI.”
Classes begin in the winter semester. Once the application process has been completed and you’ve been accepted into the program, you’ll enter into an internship agreement with us that covers the duration of your studies.
If you still have questions about the curriculum, please visit the Berlin School of Economics and Law website.
If you have other questions about the work/study programme at Mercoline, please simply send us an e-mail.
Mercoline is an excellent partner for students looking for an internship semester or full internship with clearly defined objectives. At Mercoline, business administration and computer science students have the opportunity to carry out an individual project focusing on the solution for a specific business administration-related issue. This gives students the chance to gain experience in a variety of departments and company tasks while enhancing learning and becoming better acquainted with their particular fields of interest.